Sunday, July 26, 2009

A tiresome week...

Hello Bandits

Sorry for the lag in posting. My 80yr old MIL fell and broke her hip/femur bone on Monday night. Tuesday the operated on her. She had a rod and metal pin put it to mend it together. She's in great spirits and doing well in rehab. Hopefully she will be home soon. She is a true inspiration for someone who is 80yrs young and to me she is young you would never guess she was 80.

My FIL is lost without her. They've been married for 59 years I believe and are still so much in love with one another. It's truly inspiring. They are very playful with each other too, it's so cute. It's going to be a long road for recovery but I know she'll be stronger than ever.

In other news Joe and I did get to visit with my mom who was up from Florida for a week. I enjoy so much when she is here. I reminds me how much I miss her not being so close. 3-5 years from now we plan on moving to the Orlando area which will be nice. My mom is in Boca which is about 3 hours away. Not too bad. We are choosing the Orlando area b/c Joe can get a transfer there.

We took a trip to Monmouth Park race track today. It's only 10 min from our house. My uncle joined which was nice. We got to catch up and he schooled us on the horses. He's really good at it.

I was able to do some sketching this week and finish a 5x7 flat panel canvas today. I'll post some pics of it tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great week.

TTFN - K

No comments:

Post a Comment